Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The End of Time

Okay so not REALLY the end of time but rather just the end of the first decade of the new millennium. None of that would matter for us...it is just a time on a clock and a number on a calendar but I do believe that this Christmas will be a transition in our family. There will be a transition from kids to grand kids I am sure. My wife is most excited about that. Not sure exactly what it will be yet, but I know it will change from all the years we have been together. Change is good, right? I guess.  We will see what the next ten years brings my wife and I.



Preparation for the following changes beginning in 2011:
  • Change in Christmas Morning (now that we have to divide our time with our kids in-laws and that three of the kids no longer living with us.)
  • Change in Home (I imagine we will work on re-organizing the house. Not only cleaning out stuff but finishing some long procrastinated remodeling. Some rooms will be re-purposed, some areas expanded for different uses as many of the things we have done are now different.)
  • Change in Vacations (looks like my wife and I can plan trips that just involve us....2...not 6+. That will be odd. Going to see things that will allow us to relax.)
  • Change in Eating and Exercise (well this certainly needs to happen regardless. We eat out more but we need less snacks around here and I, for one, need to plan on exercising. No coaching anymore, just yardwork and handyman chores.)
  • Change in Vehicles (No need for a minivan any more......Thanks to the Lord! Maybe we can just get one that runs a bit more consistently.)
  • Change in Work (Our office will operate in a different manner. I hope to take more time to myself, separate my work time from personal time. We have a great team and I think that this will be very enjoyable......it would be nice to have a few projects that gives us some savings without last minute scrambling to meet payroll!)
It would be exciting if there is more down time for me.  Time to read, study, paint, travel and whatever else I want to do. This year I am 45 years old.....by 2021 I will be 55. Wow, both of those numbers sound so strange. Who would have thought?! Greyer, Older, and a few wrinkles. Let's keep it at that my friends......Not growing older, just more experienced and wiser!

0 comments:

Post a Comment