Monday, February 21, 2011

Summer is on it's way

This last Friday was some nice weather.  Temperature was in the 70s, just what I have been waiting for. There is only so much cold rainy weather that I can take.  I am really anxious to get out in the lawn and prepare the flower gardens.  I want to make sure I don't let it creep up on me like it did last year.  Last year I thought I would still have help...the last of the kids! This year the change in seasons has pretty been made inside the house as well.  My wife and I are pretty much empty nesters. All of it is a bit odd and certainly a transition in our lifestyle after so many years of going, running, doing, attending and figuring the massive calendar of events for a Saturday afternoon. I guess all of that was a good thing....I guess the jury is still out on all of that. Wait a see.

The garden is a new starting point every season.  The old plants need pruning or clearing out of the beds so we can get ready for the new ones to plant. I enjoy that.  I did a bit of it this weekend.  A bit of pruning, a bit of plucking, a bit of weeding and a bit of planting.  I hope to keep that plan up.  A little each day.

Irish Moss is the plant of the week.  We will see how it all goes down.....actually how it spreads over the coming months is more exciting.  As for the insides.....little by little there as well.  We have a few "honey-dos"....a lot more "oh-my-goodness-dos" but it is really just a transition for us.  I hope to accomplish a lot on the repairs this summer so we can enjoy the house.  No time will be spent on the football field or basketball court coaching.  Now, I am just coaching flowers!

Have a great day my friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment